* Chongqing is known as a city of mountains, rivers, and fog.
* Chongqing covers an area of 82,400 square kilometers (31, 800 square miles).
* The location of Chongqing is:
1. On the edge of the Yungui Plateau
2. Intersected by the Jialing River
3. On the upper reaches of the Yangtze River
4. Connects the middle and western parts of China
* Chongqing geographic coordinate is:
1. 105°17'-110°11' east longitude and 28°10'－32°13' north longitude.
2. 470 km from west to east and 450 km from north to west.
* Chongqing is very hilly, it contains mountains like:
1. Daba Shan (north)
2. Wu Shan (east)
3. Wuling Shan (southeast)
4. Dalou Mountain (south)
* The major rivers in Chongqing are:
1. Yangtse River
2. Jialing River
3. Wujiang River
4. Fujiang River
5. Qijiang River
6. Daninghe River
* Chongqing neighbors are:
1. Hubei and Hunan (east)
2. Guizhou (south)
3. Sichuan (west)
4. Shaanxi (north )